The Data view component gives users the ability to peek under the hood and view more technical and in-depth information about a particular object in Plugboard.
All major objects in Plugboard have this feature, like Order, Invoice, Payment, Product, etc. When you have a dialog of a particular object open, you notice a button with a code icon. Click this button to open Data view for that object.
If we use an Order as an example and look at the Data view dialog one can see the following.
The header containts various key fields related to the object. Fields like;
- LocalId - The unique id of the object within Plugboard (useful when working with Plugboard API).
- Source - Which connection (and thus external system) the object originate from.
- Sub source - A source in external system the object originate from. The connection might get orders from an external system where the orders have been placed via PoS, Web or by other means.
- System - Which Connector the connection is created from.
- Created - When the object was created in Plugboard.
- Last modified - When the object was last modified in Plugboard. Both in browser timezone and in UTC.
This is a full JSON view of the object, just like if it was retrieved via Plugboard API. Click expand to view full content. Can be useful when you want to view the JSON without setting up an API-connection. Click the icon in the right hand corner to copy the JSON to the clipboard.
Basically a convenience view of the object view where the custom data is extracted. Click expand to view content.